Sunday, March 21, 2010

unanswerable questions

I was just on Skype with Ivy. My screen was playing up and it made me seem pixelated and appear much like a hologram. It got me thinking about what makes us real? Like perhaps this reality that we are living in is just in my head. That everyone i meet and everything that surrounds me is simply a figment of my imagination. Or of someone elses imagination. But imagination seems like the wrong word. But its the only one that i can think of that can half explain it. Like perhaps my body died an unmeasurable amount of time ago and life as i know it right now is a timeless reality that i have created out of the inability of my thoughts, of my self that is not contained in my mortality to die. And in that death this reality was born. Much like the Matrix, but its not a bunch of people connected to this make believe reality, but my self floating around... no not floating because it holds no physical substance... but my self just existing, and that is what this is. That would make it eternal, because a self without a mortal body has no way of dying, no way of shutting down or of ceasing to exist. Perhaps i made my reality to contain these 'imagined' bodies, as something to contain these selves.
Kind of scary concept when you think about it. There is no way to prove it. Much like the faith of something, of a religion. But in this if i am the creator i would never be able to prove or disprove it to myself. That would end the reality, because if i was sure that it existed, if i understood what it was then it would stop being the instant that i proved it...
Perhaps there was a god, and this is their reality. It wasn't born out of seven days of creating but a single instant where everything corporeal of themselves died but their self which held no physical substance refused to, kind of like their self went insane at the thought of dying and created this. and this is who all of the religions in the world praise, a self that out insanity created an alternate reality to encompass their substance-less self.
sometimes i get to thinking about things like this. It hurts my thoughts. I get into a spiral of questioning everything, unanswerable questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment